Friday, August 19, 2011

Visit with Risa Rifkind

A young lady from John Hopkins University came to visit Sang-Mook today. She has been traveling the world to learn more about what it is like to have disabilities in various cities around the world. So far on this Journey she has been to London, Paris, Athens, Hong Kong, and now Seoul.

During this adventure a camera man has been following her documenting everything she does for a documentary on her quest to learn about disabilities in various cities around the world. She has also been keeping a record of her travels on her website www.risarifkind.com.

Risa arrived at Seoul National University around 3pm at Hoam Faculty House, so I went with Sang-Mook's assistant to meet her. We then picked her up with her camera man, and all their luggage as they had just come from the airport. We then met in Sang-Mook's office and had a chance to talk, she invited me to stay for the interview so I thought it would be nice to have front row seats for the show.

The interview was really interesting. While I have heard Sang-Mook speaking about people with disabilities in Korea many times I still find that I learn new things every time I hear him talk about his initiatives for people with disabilities and how they fit into society.

So the interview lasted about an hour, and after everything was finished she went on her way to explore the great city of Seoul. I'm looking forward to hearing about her experiences and reflections in South Korea. Her journey to look at disabilities around the world is coming to an end, but as I just heard about it so I am looking forward to reading about her experiences.

Cheers,
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment