Monday, October 24, 2011

Burger King in Korea

Cross section view into a Whopper

The Whopper Set
Yesterday I went to a Burger King in Gangnam. Gangnam is just one station from me, and I thought it would be nice to get a burger. For some reason I enjoy grabbing US fast food when I visit other countries. Sometimes it tastes completely different, and other times it fills the craving I have for some good ol' American junk food.

I was happy to find that the BK Whopper in Korea tastes just like the Whopper back home. I did notice one difference from Burger Kings back in the US, the fries are different. I actually like the Korean fries better. In America they use a larger cut of fries and they are less crispy. The fries I had were thinner than American Burger King fries, and were similar to McDonald fries.

As I sat eating my Burger King Whopper I also thought about how in America we like to blame fast food and all sorts of things for people being overweight. As I reflected I thought about how many fast food places are in Korea and Japan and I really don't think that fast food is the problem. I think that there is a deer issue that is the root of so many people are overweight in the US. Not sure what it is, but I do know that if I eat better and exercise more I lose weight. So maybe people int he US just don't exercise or move around much, as well as eating too much junk food.

If fast food was what made people overweight, then Japan would probably be the heaviest nation out there! Below are two of my favorite Burger King add campaigns I have heard of to date. I look forward to taking part in one of these events sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment